Monday, July 4, 2016

Dessert of the day (020714)

Today is a busy day for me cause my boy has tutorial classes early morning till late afternoon. What makes it busy day for me is that I have to chauffeur him between classes in an interval of 2 hours each class. Hubby has not planned any run today so he can accompany me for the day.
We started our day early, having breakfast at our favourite dim sum place near the neighbourhood. After dropping our boy to his tutorial class, hubby went to pump petrol at nearby petrol station. We found out the convenient store at the petrol station is having promotion on their coffee and decided to try it out. We spent an hour plus for the coffee and left to fetch our boy to another tutorial class.
This way is better than go back home and drive out again. Weather is so hot....in and out of the house is killing me...

After dropping our boy to his second tutorial class, we went home. I bought some sweet potatoes so hubby suggested to cook sweet potatoes soup for dessert.

My yummy sweet potatoes dessert...

Ingredients:
1) sweet potatoes
2) green and red beans
3) rock sugar to taste
4) 2 slices of ginger

Method:
1) boil the green and red beans till soften
2) add in ginger slices and boil for a minute
3) add sweet potatoes and rock sugar to taste

Note: have to boil the green and red beans soften first before adding sweet potatoes cause the sweet potatoes are easier to cook

This is my special recipe. Normally this dessert is either cooked with green or red beans. I added green AND red beans because my children had mixed the beans together during their school project. Hence my special created sweet potatoes dessert with green and red beans soup. hahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment