Wednesday, August 10, 2016

SCKLM 2016 meals preparation

A month ago, I posted about our family first running event, Standard Chartered Kuala Lumpur Marathon 2016. It's the most grand running event held in Malaysia and it's very well organised.
My hubby went for the full marathon while me and the children joined the 5km fun run.
To prepare my hubby for his 1st full marathon, I prepared carbo-loaded breakfast and dinner for him. He needs carbohydrates for his run.

The meals preparation started three days before the event. Everyday begins with a hearty breakfast meal.
Day 1: Hearty breakfast
(Sunny sides up + pan fried chicken breast + baby potatoes and romaine salad with goma sauce + fresh tomatoes)


Day 1: Fragrant yam rice


Day 2: Big Breakfast
(Boiled broccoli + baby tomatoes + pan fried chicken breast + stir fried shimeji mushrooms + Leclassic sesawhite and sesame seed bread)


Day 2: Dinner (Stir fried Brussels Sprouts with prawns)

Day 2: Dinner (Stir fry vermicelli)

Day 3 was a Saturday, breakfast was our casual breakfast at kopitiam.


Day 3: Spaghetti carbonara and spaghetti Bolognese

Day 3 dinner was the most important meals for hubby's preparation for his run. He needs to load with high carbo dinner. The most common meal is spaghetti. I prepared two versions of spaghetti cause my children preferred carbonara while me and hubby preferred Bolognese. Bolognese recipe




No comments:

Post a Comment