Friday, August 12, 2016

Warm hearty pork porridge for breakfast

I have ran out of ideas what to prepare for breakfast. While browsing the net for ideas, this came up to me....since I have minced pork in my fridge, why not have minced pork porridge for breakfast.....yeah !
It's also very easy to prepare and cook.


Ingredients:
1) minced pork
2) dried scallops (soak with hot water)
3) fried shallots and spring onions for garnishing

Marinate:
1) salt
2) pepper
3) soy sauce
4) sesame oil
5) rice wine / Xiao xing fa tiu wine
6) a dash of corn flour

Cooking method:
1) boil water, pour in rice (I cooked 2.5 cups of rice for my family of four)
2) Scoop spoonful of minced pork and make them into balls
3) add the minced pork balls into the pot
4) let it simmer for a few minutes till minced pork balls are cooked
5) transfer the content of the pot into the rice cooker and cook according to the rice cooker timer for
    cooking porridge

Cook rice and minced pork balls using a small pot

Transfer all contents from the pot into the rice cooker

Yummy and heart warming bowl of minced pork porridege

Garnished with spring onions and fried shallots




No comments:

Post a Comment