Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Very busy Saturday (160416)

Last Saturday, both my children has school activities. We were out of the house by 6:00pm. After dropping my girl, we send our boy to his school. We only need to fetch both of them late afternoon so me and hubby can have our "pak toh" time...
We went to "Yut Kee" restaurant for breakfast. This is a traditional kopitiam serving authentic breakfast such as roti bakar with kaya, butter and soft boiled eggs.



Besides the yummy authentic breakfast, this restaurant also serves very yummy fried mee sua. This dish is one of my favourite noodle dish. The mee sua texture is cooked just right, not too hard nor too soft. Mee sua is a type of noodle that is very difficult to cook. So sorry forgot to take pictures of the dish...was too tempted to eat once it's served :D but I took the pic of the chilies....yum yum

After breakfast, we went home, rested for an hour and off to Pavillion cause hubby wanted to check out some gadgets. We spent around 3 hours there window shopping. We went to pick up my girl from her friend's home around 3:30pm and reach home almost 4:00pm. Hubby had a running event at Putrajaya which flag off at 8:00pm. My son school only dismiss at 5:00pm. We planned to have dinner outside before heading to Putrajaya but don't think we could make it on time. So we decided to cook spaghetti for dinner. Boy, it was a rushed out dinner. Once reached home after fetching my girl, I quickly put the spaghetti to boil and started preparing all the ingredients for the sauce.
As hubby had to attend a running event, he took a nap while I was preparing dinner but before I start cooking, I have to fetch my son from school. There I go rushing out to fetch my boy before 5:00pm.
The traffic was terrible, I only managed to reach home at 6:00pm. That means I only have half an hour to cook and eat.......arghhhh!!!!

When I was about to start cooking, I noticed I did not have the spaghetti ready made tomato sauce....oh dear....what am I going to do ????? Well, I have no time to go out and get the sauce so I decided to fry the spaghetti. And our dinner turned from spaghetti Bolognese to Aglio Olio.... :D



Do you like my beautiful serving plates? I bought them from Parkson. They were having WOW Sales last week and I found these beautiful plates made in Japan for a very low price. Will blog about them in the next post.

Didn't have time to clean, the kitchen was left in a mess when me and hubby went our way to Putrajaya for the event. After the event, reach home around 12midnight....didn't get to sleep right away but clean up the kitchen....


No comments:

Post a Comment